Sunday, January 26, 2014

The HOW Behind our Fifteen Year Anniversary Trip

Last year I wrote a story for a website that was being created to highlight how a giant church does community.  I completely forgot about this article until the website was promoted tonight at church.  When I checked later this evening our story was posted!

I found myself smiling as I re-lived the story of how Curt and I were able to escape to Mexico for an entire week to celebrate our fifteen year anniversary.  That trip is one I never actually wrote about.  Partly because we jumped right back into life with the kids and partly because it's hard to summarize how incredible it is to have entire week with just my husband to celebrating the love God has built over the past fifteen years.


The Cliff's Note takeaway from our trip is this.  If you are married, get away with your spouse.  Date them.  Romance them.  Spend time with them.  Laugh.  Tease.  Relax. Try something new.  Teach each other how to do the things you're good at.  Spend the money to get a  nice hotel and then "get a room."  Get away from your kids and from your life and just BE.  Together.  You will NEVER regret it.

Click here to read story of HOW we were able to get away.  Thank you to all our beautiful friends that have become just like family.  We love you!


1 comment:

  1. So cool! That's what community is all about - sharing the good times and the bad times. Glad you guys could share your "good time" so deeply with the group. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete