|hiking a trail along the Wilson River|
|stop screwing around and be serious please.|
|Dining hall - the food was yummy.|
|poster child for "Outdoor School is Fun. Come learn with me..."|
|Walk on the beach|
1. Hiking to the top of Charlotte's Mountain with Mom and Morgan during free time and catching ten salamanders along the way.
4. Participating in the talent show.
Jodi's Most Memorable Outdoor School Memories are...
1. Hiking to the top of Charlotte's Mountain with Katie and Morgan during free time. Katie originally didn't want to go hiking. We hike a lot as a family and she wanted to do something different at free time. But Morgan REALLY wanted to go hiking. The school requires a minimum of two kids with each parent chaperone, so Katie gave up her first choice to join us so Morgan could go hiking. Her selfless act of kindness resulted in an Outdoor School highlight for all three of us. Slow and steady, we attacked that little mountain one step at a time. I was so grateful for the boot so I could say "Yes" to this request.
|Ocean view from the top of the mountain. They're holding their salamanders.|
3. Playing sand volleyball during the parent chaperone free time. My friend Zora used to play college volleyball. We decided we should dust off our "skills" and get a game going in the sand court. We rounded up a few other players and laughed our way through the next hour. We played TERRIBLY and I was dumping sand out of my boot for days, but did we ever have fun!
|My friend Zora and I NOT playing volleyball.|
4. Getting attacked by a polar bear. (Okay, so it was stuffed, but I think this is how most of the parents felt at the end of day three).
I sure do love my precious Katie Girl and know I will always treasure these memories from Outdoor School.