Friday, April 12, 2013

My Parents - Guest Post by Alli Stilp (age 9)


Alli - when she was still eight years old
Alli (our newly minted nine year old) has been doing some writing in third grade.  This piece in particular cracked me up.  I thought since I haven't had much time to write, that I'd share hers to keep my feed alive until I resurrect some time to write.  Enjoy!

My Parents
By Alli Stilp 
Age Nine

Have you ever had as awesome parents as mine? Well I do, and I am going to talk about the things they like to do.

My mom is a special mom. She is special to me because she raises me and takes good care of me. Her favorite color is, well the color of what mood she’s in. My mom used to make beautiful music with the flute. Jodi, my mother, makes great meals for us. She uses her great skills. My mother loves spending time with us and playing with us. She has a best friend just like me. Her name is Kelly. My mom is a great mom! 

My special dad is Curt Stilp. He is special to me because he messes with us and raises us to be as good as him.. His favorite color is orange. I think that is the best color in the world. One of his hobbies is football. He used to play it. He rocks at it. Definitely he enjoys taking care of us. Probably his best friend is Bucky. I love my dad!

Some stuff they like to do together is put us to bed. They both also cook. My parents enjoy going on dates. One of their favorite places to go is Red Hills. Together they go on hiking trips.

And now you know the story of my wonderful, fantastic parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment