Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas - a book written by Paige Stilp (six years)

Our daughter Paige (six-and-a-half-year-old and in First Grade) is really delightful.  She loves anything studious, especially reading.  She also loves to create things and has recently started writing and illustrating a lot of "books" and gifts.  They are too cute to keep to myself.

the author, busying reading to me.
Paige is really witty, especially for her age.  Her humor is often well timed and her sweetness and clever sayings melt my heart.  She recently came home with a book she made at school that pertained to the number fifty.  This page melted me.
In 50 years I will "be spoleing (spoiling) grandchilderin (grandchildren).
Here is an example of some "early Christmas presents" Paige made for everyone in our family, including herself!  They were all basically identical, but the one she made for herself made Curt and I laugh out loud.  


It said, "Dear Paige, I love myself!  I am o-some!"  ("O-some" is a word Paigey made up to replace "awesome" and she uses it frequently.)

A few weekends ago, Paigey was very preoccupied with a project.  She worked furiously for hours - brow furrowed in concentration - at the kitchen table littered with paper, pencils and color crayons.  She was working on writing and illustrating the story of Christmas from her perspective. She never finished her project, but she did proudly show us how far she got.   We're all hoping she'll take the time to finish the story.  But for now, I'd love to share it with you.  Italics will be my comments/spelling corrections.

Christmas by Paige Stilp.  Then down the spine of the book:  Christmas by Paige Stilp

Jesus was born in a mager (manger).  That is why we sellater (celebrate) at Christmas!

He is the God above all Gods.  He dided (died) on the cross for are (our) sins.  And ross (rose) agin (again).  I like the toys but the best paret (part) is that he is the Lord!

Chistmas (Christmas) is fun becuse (because) my famliy (family) and me have Jesus in a mager (manger) toys!  Yeah!  We put them out when it is Chistmas (Christmas) time!  I play with them!  (She clearly like using exclamation marks.  And we may need to work on spelling a bit.)


Christmas is one of my fravoite (favorite) years!  I like it!  And the drakerashins (decorations) I love to (too)!

My nerabhood (neighborhood) has a nigt (night) where we all tern (turn) on are (our) ligts (lights) and we serve hot choklite (chocolate) and apple sider (cider)!  Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!


And one year my sisters piked (picked) up some snow and thew (threw) it at a huse (house)!  It was not funny!  (Side note:  the aforementioned sisters are NOT happy to be mentioned in this part of the book, but it's Paigey's story so she can write whatever she wants).

I love Christmas!  It is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!  And yumyyyyyyyyyy!


My nabers (neighbors) riley (really) ligt (light) the nigt (night)!  I like my prensis (presents).  They are o-some!  (Two notes:  The lack of illustrations and poor spelling indicates she was getting tired of this project.  And we hear the word "o-some" about as much as Paige uses exclamation points in her writing.)

Christmas is Jesus birthday.  Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!


We can only imagine what comes next....  


And with that, we (Paigey and I) wish you all a Merry Christmas! 


5 comments:

  1. What a precious gift she is to all of us! Thanks for sharing her. Merry Christmas!! Love, Mrs. Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Another beautiful creation from the Stilp writers/artists. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious and adorable! Tell her to come to Spain - the Spaniards use !!!!! like crazy!!! Tell her thanks for reminding us what Christmas is all about (except for all the snow-throwing at other houses of course). O-some! :) - Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you're going to start using the word "o-some" all the time now. You can admit it!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete