Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Horses - Guest Post by Paige Stilp (age 6 years)

Paige (6 years old) loves school.  In pre-school, she declared herself an Owl Expert when they were studying owls.  In Kindergarten, Paige learned to read and has become the most avid reader of all our kids.  Her love of reading and learning has turned her onto writing.  She just wrote her first short story and is very proud to share it on the blog.   I also took a video of her reading the story.  You may have to crank the volume to hear her.  Enjoy.

Here's how she wrote her story out.  When out of room, just use marker and write over the pencil.

"I love horses because they are cute.  They run fast.  Their babies are called foals.  Some horses are brown.  I love horses.  They are awesome.  I love, love, love, LOVE horses.  They are my favorite animal.  I love horses.  When horses are being in a race, they have things that make them not do something else.  Horses get fed hay.  I love horses."

video

2 comments:

  1. Ah! How precious!! Maybe I can get my 7 year old to want to write if I make videos of him reading his work. I will show him this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love, LOVE her story. She's so awesome. I hope she keeps writing!!

    ReplyDelete