Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sole Sisters Running

Last fall, Carissa and I were in the middle of a run when she asked if she could talk to me about something.  She proceeded to lay out a vision she felt God had given her to start a running blog.  The focus of the blog would be on fitness, faith and friendship.  She hoped the blog would encourage women - especially newbies - on their fitness journey.

Carissa is terrified of writing and had no desire to launch the blog on her own.  She invited Tanya (our other running buddy) and I to pray about joining her on this journey.  We both said yes and within a few weeks, the brainstorming, planning, praying, writing, and editing began.

Carissa is a numbers and research junkie.  She spends hours researching training schedules, running blogs, and gear reviews.  She's a great running partner because all I do is show up and she tells me how far and how fast we're running that day.  Carissa wants to share her passion for all things running related by writing gear, race, and training schedule reviews.  Runners of any experience level will appreciate her summaries of things she's tried that worked or didn't work.

Tanya is a nutrition guru.  Several years ago she lost 50 pounds and has kept the weight off!  People want to know her secret.  Tanya is passionate about teaching women the HOW TO's of living a healthy lifestyle.  If diet and weight loss are things you've struggled with, you'll want to hear what Tanya has to say.

I love stories - reading them, writing them, telling them, and hearing them.  I plan to write stories of other Sole Sisters who inspire us.  I also plan to write stories of what God teaches me while I'm running.  It's often in the quiet miles of a long run that Jesus and I connect most intimately and I can't wait to share with you what fuels my soul.

The months we spent brainstorming and planning culminated today when we officially launched our blog.  Check it out at www.solesistersrunning.net and let us know what you think.  You can easily subscribe to blog posts and we encourage you to do so.  If you like what you see, please spread the word.  We want to encourage as many women as possible to join us in running through life...together.

No comments:

Post a Comment