Thursday, May 10, 2012

Who Helps You Find Strength in God?

Curt and I are reading the Bible cover-to-cover again this year. Grant and Katie are joining us on the journey.  While it's hard to maintain five chapters a day, it is such a gift to read and re-read the story of God in its entirety.

Two years ago when I read I Samuel 23, I was struck by verse 16, and wrote a post about it.  It says, "And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God."  


This year was no different.  I was again in awe of how timely encouragement can breathe life into a soul, even when they are fighting for their life.

My heart has been HEAVY with the pain my friends are carrying.  So much of it seems so senseless.  But each day, I find strength and encouragement in God's Word.  Today's assigned reading had the beautiful story above.

It also had beautiful poetry in Psalm 130:3-5.   "If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O LORD who could stand?  But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.  I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope!"  

And Proverbs 10:25 - "When the storm has swept by the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever."


Who helps you find your strength in God?  Why not thank them for all they have been to you?  Be specific.

Who can you help find strength in God?  As the LORD brings them to mind, follow through and breathe life into their soul with a word from the Word.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Jodi. Glad you're blogging again! :) - Faith

    ReplyDelete