Saturday, March 24, 2012

Why I Need a Typewriter - Persuasive Letter by Alli Stilp - almost age 8

Alli (2nd grade) had an assignment at school to write a persuasive letter to her parents.  Lucky us, her eighth birthday is tomorrow so she she took advantage of the assignment to tell us WHY she needs a typewriter for her birthday.  Her teacher laughed so hard that she shared it with other teachers at school.  After I read it, I knew why.  Without further ado, here is Alli's letter (with no word changes or corrections).  Don't you want to go buy her a typewriter now?

Dear my most loving and adoring Mother Jodi,

I am writing to you to ask you to get me a typewriter.  This will mean that I will be responsible with it.  Just think about getting me a typewriter.  I would be soooo happy!  I mean hugging you till you fall over sayin "Thank you".  I know and agree that I don't take so much care of things, but with a type writer I will because I want it (typewriter) so much.

I could use it for Monthly projects and the note cards to go with it.  You to wouldn't have to type it on the computer.  I would type it on my typewriter.  Isn't typing kind of hard for you.  I kind of wastes you time when you could be making dinner for the rest of the family, then typing my note cards and paragraph for my Monthly Project.

I can also use it to write nice and loving notes to you and my friends and family.  Don't you love too be loved with notes and type writing letters.  If you were sick you could just tell me to write a note to you.  I would go to my room a start typing a loving and kind note that would prolemly make you feel better inside.

Of cours to me it would make my life better.  Do you want my life to be better?  I mean my life is already good, but it would problemley make it better if you got me a typewriter.  And besides Lucy Buchstaber has one.  We could be twins.  Don't you beilve that my life would be better with a typewriter?  I want a typewriter because I went to Lucy's house and I typed on hers.  I thought it was awesome and fun.  That's why I want one and other reasons.

Mom consider this:  20 years from now I will still have it.  Obviously I know they are expensive but just tell dad to work harder to get the money for it.  If you don't get one for me then I will be sooo sad on my birthday morning.  And I want my birthday to be the best 8 turning birthday yet.

Your Most Dearest Daughter,

Alyssa Claire Stilp

P.S.  I only turn eight once.

5 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!! Go, Alli. Just tell Curt to work a little harder (who needs sleep anyway?) :) I wrote my autobiography on my dad's typewriter when I was 9 (it wasn't very long). Happy b-day, Alli!! You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! I so love that girl! Hoping she gets her typewriter today. Happy Birthday dear dear Allie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha! This letter is priceless, Jodi! I must say, your dear girl persuaded ME, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly sent me a text (we are in Calif) to tell me to read your blog because she and Peter were dying after reading it. Thank you so much for posting it. I had already seen that she did indeed get a typewriter, otherwise I would have run out to get her one. Love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. my. goodness...that is the funniest thing I have ever read in my life!!! And to think she isn't even eight yet?!?!? Wow. You two have raised an impressive (And ridiculously persuasive) daughter:)
    love, Anna

    ReplyDelete