Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sisters

I always wanted a sister, but all I got was one brother.  I married Curt and he had two brothers.  Then my mom remarried and I inherited three more step-brothers.  Thankfully all my brothers chose their significant others well so I do get some sister love.  I'm challenged to do a much better job connecting with these girls and letting them know how much I love them.
My Mom, me, and my girls.  I don't have a picture of me with all my sister-in-laws.

I loved that God gave me a first-born son and then not one, not two, but three daughters.  And in April, he gave me one more daughter when Sarah moved in with us.  What I lacked in sisters growing up, I've been given in abundance now.


Me and my girls - Paige, Katie, Sarah and Alli

And then, there are my "sisters."  We are not united by blood or marriage, but we are united in spirit.  Sisters through friendship.  My circle of sisters grew by 19 the week I was in Haiti.  Each of the ladies I traveled with was wonderfully gifted, kind, and altogether lovely.  I am a very blessed woman indeed.
My new "sisters" and the "brothers" that watched over us.  Aren't they lovely?

My prayer for my girls is that they will love each other and be each others' best friends.  There is no doubt they love each other but sometimes when they bicker and argue, it's easy to lose sight of the big picture.  There are days I wonder if they even like each other, let alone would call each other friend.  I was so touched by Alli's (age 7) writing assignment for school.  It made me realize that my girls do really appreciate the privilege of having sisters.  Here's what she wrote (clearly we need to work on spelling):
sisters

"Katie is a very special relative of mine.  One reason she speacil is beause she is my sister and she has the same last name is Stilp.  Another reason she is cute and I like her clhoths.  Another reason she says good moning to me every day.  I think she is awsome!  She is also very loving."

that share a last name.
Thank you Jesus for all my precious girls!  And thank you Jesus for all my sisters.  I love each one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment