Thursday, November 10, 2011

Isaiah 43

Feeling fearful?  All alone?  Unloved?  Need some encouragement?  Listen to what the LORD says to you in Isaiah 43.  (BOLD emphasis and words in parens are mine).

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
 I have summoned you; you are mine.  (Do you hear the fierce possessiveness?)
When (not if) you pass through the waters, I will be with you;  (You are not alone.)
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  (You will get through this.)
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the fames will not set you ablaze.  (You have God's protection.)

For I am the Lord, your God, (He is personal to you.)
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; (He wants to rescue you.)
I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.  (He loves you so much, he gives up entire nations to save you).
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,  (Remember who is talking here?  This is God saying this about you!)
and because I love you.  (You are loved.)
I will give men in exchange for your life. (You are that valuable.)
Do not be afraid, for I am with you."

Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment