Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Need Your Help

Hello Friends and Readers.  I was invited to attend a writers meeting last night.  When I got the invite, I thought it was a mistake.  But no - it was addressed to me.  We went around the room sharing what we write, why we write, and our journey to being "A Writer."

I felt so out of place and inexperienced.  I have never taken a writing class.  I never wanted to be a writer growing up.  The thought of researching a book terrifies me.  I really don't even read that much, even though I like it, and I can't remember the last time I've been to the library.  I didn't even realize I knew how to write until you all started saying, "Hey, I actually like your Christmas letter.  You're a good writer."

It's about time I took my writing seriously.  I'm in the process of revamping my blog and trying to make it more professional and easier to use.  What you're looking at is a pre-designed Blogger template that I don't love but I like better than the last format.  I want a simpler, more stream-lined blog with less craziness and more calm.

Will you do me a favor and comment (yes - comment even if you have to create a gmail account to sign in) on why you read my blog?  What do you like?  What keeps you coming back?  What don't you like?  What could change?  I'd love your feedback on formatting, frustrations with how the site works, and stuff you'd like to see changed.  What do you want more of?  Less of?

Oh and I need some help with a title.  When I started this blog, it was on a whim with very little thought put into a purpose or a title.  I'm not emotionally attached to "JoJo's Journal" so I'd love some input on a title too.  Maybe something that more clearly captures the essence of this blog, but what exactly is that?

This is obviously a work in progress, so please help me.  I value your feedback!  Love- Jodi

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog for many reasons. First, you're a talented writer. This is really important because if you weren't, it would be hard to read what you wrote!! Secondly, you're very real. You write about your joys as well as your mistakes and hurts and everything in between. Third, you challenge me to press into Jesus whether its through joys or trials. I'd say that how your blog used to look I liked more, it was warmer looking (the colors), although I don't remember what it looked like. ha ha. This one was a bit more confusing to me but that also could be my pregnant brain and/or that its midnight. ha! And the name, I have no idea although I do like JoJo's Journal since thats one thing I think I really like about it, that it does seem like its your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jodi! It WAS an awesome night, and if anyone had reason to feel out of place, it could hardly be you, (I think it was me, hahaha) You have a lovely blog and your articles are very REAL... good luck with the posts, keep them YOU.
    Love, Becca Bozarth

    ReplyDelete