Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weekend News! by Alli Stilp

Alli turned seven last month.  It's a blog post I still need to write, but that's another story.  Anyway, she dug a pile of papers out of her backpack and unceremoniously dumped them on the counter.  Who knows how long they've been crumpled and neglected..  Buried amid all the math worksheets and vocab lists was a writing sample.  Her teacher wrote this note on it:  "Good story.  I could follow the story from beginning to end.  'Champoeg' is a hard word to spell."

The assignment was to write about what you did that weekend.  It had a big heading called "Weekend News" and then a place to draw a picture.  Alli chose to write about her birthday weekend and did such a good job.  Here's what she wrote, spelling not corrected.  After all, she's only in first grade.

"One day Terry Ru and my fmanily went to Sampooy Park.  I came from my moms moms house.  I came in a red car that was my grampas car.  It took 10 minits to get threr.  It was fun and ok.  We road our bikes. It was free.  My sister fell.  My bike was covered with mud and tiny droups of water when my sister fell.  She got hurt.  The end"

Nice work Schnookie!

3 comments:

  1. Very informative, straight to the point. She's a no-nonsense kind of gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! She had some good details in there! The red car, Terry Ru, what got on her bike when Katie fell! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is adorable. And she's very sweet to care about Katie falling :). Happy Easter, Stilpies! - Faith

    ReplyDelete