Saturday, April 23, 2011

Deep Thoughts by Paige (5 years)

Paige (5 years) is full of deep thoughts today.  Here are some notable quotes from our afternoon chat session.

Me to Dusty our dog:  Get off my plant.  Take your stick and go lay down somewhere else.
Paige (laughing):  Moooommmm....  She's not a talking dog.

Me:  I have to drag myself out of the sunshine and inside to fix my hair and put makeup on.
Paige:  Why?  So you can be pretty?
Me:   Yes.
Paige:  You always look pretty, no matter what.  (awww....)

Paige to me after she put on a show in the backyard:  "You know what I really like?  Teenagers.  I like dressing up like them and pretending to be them.  And I also like moms.  I like pretending to be a mom with my baby dolls.  But I don't like pretending church.  Alli and Katie make us sing lots of songs and the songs are too long."

3 comments:

  1. I wish kids would freeze at five years old... those are some pretty precious deep thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Especially the dogs don't talk and mama always looks pretty. :) And I'm with Britta...I tried freezing my kids a few years ago when Leah was 11 and Sophie was 5, but it just didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one made me laugh out loud. These are HILARIOUS!!! She's so sweet. - Faith

    ReplyDelete