Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hiding Place

Every so often Curt and I get bored with our music and decide to venture out and buy some new stuff. Our church is loaded with professional musicians who are wickedly talented. They volunteer their time and talents on the weekends to lead worship and while it is very LOUD, it is an amazingly powerful experience to be led in worship by the bands at Solid Rock.

We decided to google the songs from church that we liked and discovered that many of them were written and produced by a band called Starfield. Upon further evaluation, we realized that a couple of the dudes in the band (or were in the band) lead worship at our church, hence our exposure to their work via Solid Rock. At any rate, Curt hit the local Christian bookstore, came home with a Starfield album, and just like that I had new running music on my ipod.

The lyrics to Starfield's songs are profound and deep. Intimate and true. Life-giving and focused on the attributes of God. They often take verses from the Bible and write beautiful music around those verses. When I listen to Starfield's music, the deepest recesses of my soul are moved to a place of adoration and amazement that I have the privilege of following Jesus. That He accepts me. That He loves me. That He is willing to use me, in spite of myself.

One song in particular has ministered to me. I can rarely listen to it without being moved to the point of tears. It's called Hiding Place and it's taken from Psalm 32:7 which says, "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." Protection. A safe place to hide when life gets overwhelming. A Savior who sings songs to calm my fears. Deliverance from bondage. Who doesn't want that?

I've been looking for an excuse to use all the nature pictures I've taken since we moved West, so I chose to use my kid-free time this morning to make a slideshow with Hiding Place as the background music. I hope this song ministers to you, wherever you are today.

Here's a link to the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6G1SZvavTU). I also attached the video to this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment