Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Refuge on Crescent Hill


My friend Melanie Dobson is an amazing author. I just read and reviewed her most current book and thought I'd post my review and a link to where to buy this book on my blog.

Refuge on Crescent Hill was full of surprises. Unlike Melanie Dobson’s other novels, Crescent Hill took two chapters of laying groundwork before I was fully sucked into the story. As the story progressed and the plot began to unfold, I found myself flipping back and forth between chapters, checking last names of characters trying to figure out how the dots connected. When my hunches were wrong, I gave up and immersed myself in the story. Much to my delight, Dobson connected the dots in suspenseful, unpredictable ways that kept me wondering and guessing with every turn of the page.

Refuge on Crescent Hill opens with Dobson’s modern day heroin, Camden Bristow, at the end of herself. Desperate and lonely, Camden turns to the only place that has ever seemed like home: her Grandma’s arms. But when she arrives in Etherton, Ohio, she discovers her Grandma has passed away leaving Camden her 150 year old, rundown mansion. The historical and eerie mansion is shrouded in mystery with rampant rumors of ghosts haunting the grounds and unexplainable lights and shadows dancing from the windows of the third floor. As Camden wrestles with how to handle her unexpected gift, she finds herself unraveling a complicated and dangerous story much bigger than herself.

Goosebump-inducing suspense, intrigue, romance, history, and an underlying theme of redemption and God making all things new… Refuge on Crescent Hill has it all. Once you start reading, you won’t want to put this wonderful story down.

No comments:

Post a Comment