Monday, March 29, 2010

A New Tier of Organization






I sat down this morning to blog about Alli's sixth birthday (which happened almost a week ago) and decided I wanted to post a picture of her from each year of her life. Which was great in theory but required me sorting through photos on the old computer, transferring them to a thumb drive, then importing them from the thumb drive onto the current computer. What started as a quick project turned into all day. Before I knew it, a new tier of organization was added to my already ridiculously organized electronic photos.

I decided each child needed their own folder with my favorite pictures of them from birth to their current age. After all, when they graduate from high school they'll need a slide show so I might as well get started now, right? The more I sorted, the bigger the project got, hence the ALL DAY part... But what else do you do on a cold, blustery, all-day soak kind of rainy day with two kids home sick?

The end result were separate folders for Grant, Kaitlin, Alli and Paige, a Curt and Jodi folder, a Just Kids folder and a Family Favorites folder. I forced myself to finish what I started even though by 2 p.m. I was ENTIRELY sick of it. The end result was worth it though. I played the newly created slideshows for each child and watched them puff up with pride and giggle as they watched themselves grow up on the screen. It made me a little teary-eyed to walk down memory lane and remember how each one of my precious kidlets has blessed my life. Maybe, since I still have two sick kiddos at home, I'll get around to writing about Alli's birthday tomorrow. I just hope it won't take all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment