Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Portland Marathon Here I Come!

Sorry about three posts in one day, but I just got off the phone with my surgeon's PA and have GREAT news!

Fears and apprehension I'm having? NORMAL
Discomfort and pain in my knee with increased activity? NORMAL
Marathon goal for May? Not impossible, but not very realistic
Marathon goal for October? REALISTIC
Olympic-distance Tri goal for August? REALISTIC
Chance of blowing the repair? SLIM

I ran down my laundry lists of fears and questions and the big takeaway I got was MY KNEE IS HEALED. The repair was good and I don't need to walk in fear that I blew it out if I experience new knee pain. It's all part of the process of a normal recovery. He stressed that I can choose my training regimen, but the more aggressive it is, the more painful it will be. I think in this case, choosing slow and steady will be more effective for me to reach my goal.

So thanks for praying with me through this and for all the thoughtful emails and checkups. I feel like a weight has been lifted. Portland Marathon, here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment