Saturday, December 12, 2009

Who Would Have Thought?

Eight weeks post surgery, I was still limping significantly and convinced that if I did ever run again, it would be slow and painful. NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think that in the following eight weeks I'd regain as much strength or speed as I have.

I just went for a run on a typical Oregon winter day (damp, somewhat cold, gray and dreary vs. the blue skies, sunshine and brisk cold we've had all week) and rocked out 4.64 miles in 37 minutes! How is that possible? I felt like I was flying and I had ZERO pain in spite of a fairly hilly course.

I am so grateful to the Lord for healing my knee and for saying "YES!" to running again. I know it's such a small thing in light of eternity, but to be able to participate again in something that I'm passionate about and that brings me such restoration is a true answer to prayer. THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment