Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Interview with our Kids

I interviewed our kids recently and asked them 21 questions that are going around Facebook. Their answers are posted below. Grant, at the time of interview, was 7 3/4 years, Katie was 6 1/2 years, Alli was 4 3/4 years, and Paige was 3 years old.


1. What is something your mom always says to you?
Grant: Obey the first time.
Katie: K.K.
Alli: You can’t be mean to our sisters.
Paige: Go poopy.

2. What makes mom happy?
Grant: When I obey the first time.
Katie: Hugs and kisses.
Alli: If we be good and obey her and give her presents.
Paige: Go poopy on the potty.

3. What makes mom sad?
Grant: When I don’t obey the first time.
Katie: Disobeying.
Alli: If we be mean to our sisters or break something of hers.
Paige: Poop in your pants.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Grant: By tickling me.
Katie: Tickle.
Alli: Tickling my armpits and my neck.
Paige: I don’t know.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Grant: Ummm… you didn’t have very many toys and you grew up in Iowa until 5th grade then went to Scio.
Katie: ummm… You were caring for your toys.
Alli: I think you liked when you had some fun things with your brother and sisters. I don’t know really.
Paige: You were a baber.

6. How old is your mom?
Grant: 34
Katie: 34
Alli: 33
Paige: uh… 10?

7. How tall is your mom?
Grant: 5.8
Katie: (laugh) Oh… that’s hard. 86 inches?
Alli: I don’t know.
Paige: 36.

8. What is your mom’s favorite thing to do?
Grant: Go on vacations with Daddy.
Katie: Go shopping with me.
Alli: Play your computer.
Paige: Write my name.

9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
Grant: Has friends over and talks to them a lot.
Katie: ummm… Go shopping and go to physical therapy.
Alli: Does her computer.
Paige: Play.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Grant: Doing the most laundry.
Katie: (laugh) long pause… I think I have to look in drawer… Cooking?
Alli: Loving.
Paige: Cause you wanted to be famous.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Grant: Doing laundry.
Katie: Driving the car.
Alli: She’s really good at playing the piano and she’s really good at spelling stuff.
Paige: You’re really good at yoga ball.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Grant: 3D puzzles.
Katie: Parallel parking.
Alli: She’s not good at hmmm….. not to spill the milk.
Paige: Not playing basketball.

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Grant: Looks after us.
Katie: Umm… take care of her kids.
Alli: Umm… she sometimes… what did you say? You do for a job to help Daddy
lift up stuff.
Paige: Write your name.

14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
Grant: Something baked.
Katie: Umm… pizza?
Alli: I knew it – chocolate chip pancakes.
Paige: Sugar snap peas.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Grant: For doing my laundry.
Katie: When she snuggles with me.
Alli: Umm… how I make you proud is you cheer for me.
Paige: Going poop on the potty.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Grant: Super Laundromat Lady
Katie: umm.. Gabrielle from High School Musical.
Alli: Like a girl in High School Musical or something? Sharpay – I mean Taylor.
Paige: A silly guy.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Grant: We go to Physical Therapy together.
Katie: Go on dates.
Alli: Read books in the sunshine with me.
Paige: Run errands.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Grant: We both have blonde hair and blue eyes.
Katie: We both have blue eyes.
Alli: Ummm.. we’re the same because when we lived in our old house we both had
short hair.
Paige: Dat we have matching shirt.

19. How are you and your mom different?
Grant: You are five feet and I am four feet.
Katie: We aren’t the same size.
Alli: We’re not twins and we don’t have the same hair right now.
Paige: We just different to spin around and do kicks.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Grant: Because she gives me hugs and kisses.
Katie: Because she always says, “Psst…” and I know the answer to her secret.
Alli: I love what? I love you because you make stuff for me.
Paige: Cause us may.

21. What is your mom’s favorite place to go?
Grant: Somewhere sunny and beautiful.
Katie: Target
Alli: umm… to go to the store and buy stuff for us.
Paige: McDonald’s (big huge MUNCH sound).

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been to your blog in a while, Jodi. This post is hilarious! LOL. I like the kids' different fixations - Grant with laundry and obeying, and Paige with going poop. I'm glad she's proud of you when you go poop on the potty - way to go! - Faith

    ReplyDelete