Monday, October 13, 2008

Bloopers




Kids say the funniest things. Every day I laugh at something our kids said or did, but unless I write down those precious nuggets, I forget. Since Grant was born, we've recorded all the funny, sweet and goofy things the kids say and do in a book that we often read and re-read. We've had some recordable moments lately, so enjoy.


We went to the Oregon coast this summer and it was cold, rainy and windy. Paige was miserable because she got sand in her eyes and refused to get out of the stroller. She hunkered down in the stroller and would periodically poke her head out and say, "We go home now?" When we finally did leave, she was SO happy. We pulled out of the parking lot and started heading home. She spotted a McDonald's and with all the excitement in the world said, "Wook! McDondalds," then made the loudest, most enthusiastic chomping sound imaginable. We all burst out laughing, even the other three kids who were comastose with cold. When she saw how funny we thought she was, she said, "I funny."


Alli started pre-kindergarten this fall and is thrilled to finally be old enough to go to school. Each week they tackle another letter of the alphabet and make a cute craft that coordinates to the letter. She brought home an adorable alligator puppet that she made and was anxious to show me how much she was learning and demonstrate her prowess over the letter A. She took her puppet, pretended to chomp my hand, then said, "Ay - ah, ah, ah, for crocodile, apple and me." The second week, she came home and said, "Bee - bah, bah, bah, bah for baby, backpack and bubble. I have to put that in my think tank."


We watched the entire Olympics and were glued to the TV for the full two weeks, give or take a day. In that time, we saw a lot of commercials. About mid-way through the Olympics, Grant, who is only 7, said to me, "Mom, doesn't it seem like Claritin and Zyrtec are fighting about who has the most effective allergy medication?" Hmmm... a career in market consulting for him?


Katie started first grade this year and I was worried she wouldn't handle the long days without a nap very well. On the first day of school, she came home, told me all about her day, invited a friend over and was playing with her siblings and her friend. At 5:31 p.m., she came downstairs, plopped down on the couch, said, "I have to take a break from all the busy stuff I did today," and promptly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment