Friday, August 1, 2008

Everything to Me






My husband, Curt, and I were approaching our 10 year anniversary. I knew he was getting me a diamond anniversary band and I started to wrack my brain about a gift that could compare. The thought crossed my mind, "maybe I could write him a song" and then as quickly, disappeared. However, later in the day, a theme came to me, then within minutes, a song with a melody! It was really straight from God. With the help of my good friend, Mark Chaffee, I recorded it and burned it to Curt's iPod. Then I made a scrapbook of our 11+ years of dating and marriage and incorporated the lyrics of the song into the book. The last page of the album had all the lyrics printed out and then I pushed "play" on the iPod. It was a sweet moment. Here's the lyrics...



EVERYTHING TO ME


lyrics and music by Jodi Stilp




When I was a little girl,
I dreamed of loving you.
My knight in shining armor,
Who always came through,
In the nick of time to sweep me off my feet
With love’s first kiss,
And our happily ever after
Was one I wouldn’t miss.

You are everything to me.
My rock, my leader, my soul mate,
I love your sensitivity.
You are beyond a dream come true,
And I can’t believe I get to spend
My whole life with you.

I grew up and learned that love is not a fairy tale.
Hearts get broken, trust destroyed,
My dreams of love in disrepair.
Then you walked in and smiled at me
And my heart skipped a beat.
Maybe you were worth the risk for me
To be warmed by love’s heat.

You are everything to me.
My rock, my leader, my soul mate,
I love your sensitivity.
You are beyond a dream come true,
And I can’t believe I get to spend
My whole life with you.

We have shared the last ten years
Together, side by side.
We’ve laughed. We’ve cried. We’ve taken risks.
We’ve seen our love in our children’s eyes.
And through it all, our love has grown
Beyond our wildest dreams.
You are my lover, my best friend,
You’re everything to me.

You are everything to me.
My rock, my leader, my soul mate.I love your sensitivity.
You are beyond a dream come true.
And I can’t believe I get to spend
My whole life with you.

Oh I can’t believe I get to spend
My whole life with you.

1 comment:

  1. Um. GREAT song... and HOLY DESSERT!!!!!!!!!!! That is the largest thing I have EVER seen!!! WOW!! Hope it would gooooood!!!

    Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete